Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sauces continued....Chicken.

We're in a unit of sauces. Yesterday, we made Fish Fumet, and since that is a stock based on fish, we supplemented it with whiting. Today we made a white sauce...but we made it with chicken stock...so we also cooked chicken. We had chicken with white sauce (and rice). Its not that it was "bad," but for the amount of butter that we put in the sauce, it should have been better. The sauce is not a bad "alfredo" type sauce, but it does not belong on chicken.

We had a different practical Chef today. So far, we've only had Chef Bruno in practical but today we had Chef Thivet (?). Chef Bruno is really nice, makes an effort to speak in English, and generally gives a helping hand when necessary. This Chef, otherwise, was pretty intense. He often said "well its your recipe, don't ask me what to do." Considering we started with a chicken that was just feathered (and we needed to truss it etc...) this was not a very great comment to hear.

I was happy that I gave the recipe an extra readthrough at the beginning of class and I made sure to be very organized throughout the entire process. At the end of class, he told me that mine was good - YAY! And I wasn't the last one done (In fact I was one of the first!) Voila is the finished product:
(Image courtesy of my super housemate who also has a cannon camera and lent me her cable)

In honor of images, here are a few more.


(The starting ingredients for the chicken today)


(Our Kitchen)

(Self Explanatory)

2 comments:

Deborah Lee said...

yay love the pic of you in the uniform. so official looking!

Cat said...

You are so cute! Love the stories and the photos. Keep it up!