Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Chocolate (!!??)

As if I couldn't get enough of chocolate last time....I had another chocolate filled day today. (If I come back 15lbs heavier, you'll know why)

I met up with a Wellesley Alum in Paris today and then our adventures started. First we went to Mora this is possibly the best kitchen store I have ever been to, and I plan on going back soon. It is full of the *real* kitchen stuff anyone could want, NOT as decorative nor as expensive as Williams-Sonoma or Sur La Table. I've actually been doing quite a bit of research into kitchen-ware and will try to do another blog post on the subject soon. Anyways, my goal at Mora was to buy a chocolate mold...and out of probably over 100 choices I decided on a nice heart shape (though, there were at least 10 heart shapes, so that was a difficult decision) Now that I have my heart mold, I'm psyched to try my hand out at chocolate making. Godiva, I'm going to steal your business!

Little did I know, my chocolate adventure wasn't over yet. My friend and I went to Angelina's, Salon de thé, (Angelina's Salon of Tea) but it should be called Angelina's, salon of hot chocolate! The hot chocolate, their specialty, was *amazing*! One of my other Wellesley friends recommended that I pay a visit to this place before, but since I'm really not that much of a hot chocolate fan, I wasn't sure I was going to do it. Now I'm recommending that if any of you ever visit Paris, go to Angelina's!! The hot chocolate is excellent and the decor is very parisien and interesting. Granted...you should be willing to open your wallets. My hot chocolate and half a pastry (we split a tartlette aux fruits) cost 10 Euros. Nonetheless, the experience was worth it. (And it helped that we got into the Musee d'Orsay for free afterwards since its free on Thursday evenings for people under 25!)

More Cordon Bleu posts to come, as well as posts on:
Cookware
The Paris Diet
Possibly more restaurant reviews
and....what else? What else do you want to hear about? Leave a comment and I'll blog about it :)

Bissous!
Daria

P.S. For people who were worried about my post about burning my hand...I'm 100% fine. The burn actually went away the next day. Water, unlike oil or especially caramel, has a fairly low boiling point and it drips off so quickly that it rarely inflicts a very serious burn in the kitchen. Caramel and oil both have higher burning points, and caramel will stick on your skin, so even if its wiped off quickly, it still is on the skin for a longer time than water. Also...a caramel danger...never ever ever try to lick off the hot caramel because it will burn your tongue!

No comments: