Wednesday, January 2, 2008

In Paris!


We arrived in Paris this morning...6am...eeek! Perhaps what was more annoying is that we stood in line for getting our passports checked for about 45 minutes. I was disappointed that they didn't even stamp mine...they just swipe it and let you go through. My entire passport is empty even though it should have two France stamps in it now.

I was surprised by the quality of food on the plane. AirFrance takes its food seriously. Even though we were jam packed in the plane like sardines, we had:

Middle Eastern -style seven-grain salad with shrimp
Cheese Ravioli with basil sauce (I got this) OR Breast of chicken with paprika accompanies by Lyonnaise potatoes and French green beens (mom got this)
Camembert Cheese
Coffee-chocolate chip cake (tasted like cinamon...the only bad thing on the list)
A mini-baguette and chocolate.

Oooh and I could have gotten wine with the meal (gratuit) but declined and chose OJ instead.

Pas Mal! (We also got a small breakfast)

Since then, I had my first Crepe for this trip...I'm sure it won't be my last since its right outside of the hotel we are staying at. ...speaking of which....

THE HOTEL ROOM IS TINY! I knew Paris hotel rooms are small, but this pretty much hit a new low. I will post pictures when I get my USB cable to transfer the photos (I was stupid and forgot to pack it).

Anyways, we've been on a mission to find an apartment. We visited the first which was okay, but not excellent. Also in a slightly more seedy part of town. I'm really excited to visit our second apartment where we have an appointment at seven, because its pretty close to the school and sounds pretty nice. Since we have a habit of getting semi-lost (any surprises there?) and taking forever to understand the metro, we should go now.

-D

No comments: